Wednesday, June 18, 2008

R U OK wth Chat spEk

What about chat speak???
Hi, how r u? When r u next @ wrk? Can u pick me up? Car #$%. Broken down agen. LOL. c u @ 8. Thanx -
Chat spEk has a legitimate place in our language just like the f-word. We just have to be discriminate as to where and when we use it. I think for synchronous computer mediated communication (CMC) it's OK. However, when you have time to ponder and reflect there is no reason why you wouldn't always aspire to using YR vry bst nglsh Rfta all shall you not be writing for the purpose of ensuring the most thorough comprehension by the broadest possible audience.

I am loathed to soliloquize but enormously eloquent uncommon
vocabulary also reduces the volume of the audience LOL.

So to finish my forum entry I'll use a normal kind of English most of the readers of this forum can understand

cu
James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home